Friday, December 15, 2006

The Holidaze

(The following is my TWIRP for the weeks of...well, it basically applies to the whole month of November and the first two weeks of December! Enjoy!)

Okay, okay! I know that it's been used before, but it's the best way I know how to describe the last couple of weeks for us--Holidaze. I am absolutely in shock that, as of the typing of this sentence, Christmas is a mere 10 days away! Where did the holiday season go? This is my favorite time of year, and it's almost over! Let me give you a few brief details from the last couple of weeks:

We took an unexpected trip to New Hampshire for Thanksgiving. The week prior to the holiday, Danielle's parents called to tell us that they wanted to fly us up there for 5 days. We said that would be fine, and...away we went on the busiest travel day of the year! Eldan has flown over a dozen times in the first year of his life. It's too bad that he won't remember any of it! Our flights were relatively uneventful with the exception that I saw the Statue of Liberty out of my window when we flew over New York City!

Junior High Basketball season is now in full swing. Our current record is 2-3. Once we come back from Christmas vacation, it's games, games, and more games! We have at least 2 games a week for the entire month of January and half of February. I am looking forward to seeing how our team improves throughout the season.

Eldan had his first real bout of sickness about a week and a half ago. I think he had something called "Foot in Mouth" Disease...wait, I think that should read "Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease." I am not sure what that is, but I know that my little guy didn't feel very good at all. The only real positive part of the experience was getting to lay on the couch for over two hours with Eldan sleeping peacefully on my chest. The look on his face at that moment was priceless.

Aside from all of that, I am still teaching (when I find the time), working on details for the school play (which I now have officially chosen), and working some with a few video projects. Danielle and I have inaugurated a new Sunday afternoon tradition--falling asleep on the couch while watching the weekly NFL game on CBS. It's a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Of course, we have made it to several of the ubiquitous yet always entertaining Christmas parties that are inherent to this time of year. One of my favorite things about these gatherings is the cheese trays. I love those little cubes of cheese. Of course the socialization and mingling are nice, but there is just something about those cheese cubes...

We leave on Wednesday, December 20, for Colorado and a much anticipated time of relaxment (is that even a word?) with my side of the family.

Danielle, Eldan, and I hope that all who read this have a great holiday season. Despite our busyness, we are enjoying each other and God's blessings in our lives. He has provided for us in several unique ways over the last several months. He is always good, and Christmas break awaits...

No comments: