Saturday, December 20, 2008

Here We Go

I woke up this morning and spent an hour shoveling nine inches of snow off my driveway.  I noticed that I sounded a little like a women's tennis match as I grunted and groaned with each shovel-full.  At least I have a real snow shovel now instead of using the midget-edition I had to work with last year.

Despite nearly 14 hours of snowfall, the airport at Boston appears to be running normally, so...we are about an hour away from loading up the van and beginning our annual Holiday Trek across the country to be with family.  If all goes according to plan, we should be touching down in Denver shortly after 9 o'clock this evening (Mountain Standard Time).

The real question is...will everything go according to plan?  The Lord knows and we will too soon enough.

To those of you traveling this week--may God be with you.
To those of you not traveling this week--pray for those of us who are.
To everyone--Merry Christmas!

No comments: