Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Flourishing Poet

Now that I have started, the rhymes just keep coming...


One Windy Sunday

We finally woke up about eight-thirty or nine.
With nowhere to go, we had plenty of time.
A mid-morning breakfast of the continental kind,
And we were quickly putting our troubles behind.
But, then, a hiccup of no small proportion--
My wife informed me of a horrible notion.
Our diaper supply was running dangerously low,
And our children's bowels were not very slow.
If we didn't do something in one glorious swoop,
Our hotel room would be swimming in piles of diapers.
There was no alternative--the decision was quick.
Off in the snow, I would bound like St. Nick.
"Why must you walk?" wondering you are.
The answer is simple--We don't have a car!
I bundled up tight, and I went out the door.
Diapers and lunch is what I'm looking for.
The wind is ferocious--it's over the top.
But I soon find my way to the store Stop n' Shop.
A few minutes later, I'm carrying my sack.
Only this time I have the wind to my back.
A victorious return to my Comfort Inn pad,
And for the most part the walk wasn't that bad.
Lunch, naps, and football take the rest of the day.
Oh, and more Mexican dinner was coming our way.
I tried checking in online for our flight,
But for some unknown reason Delta wouldn't bite.
So it's until early Monday that we must all wait
To learn if flying is our Christmas fate.
8:25 is our target time.
So check back tomorrow for my last traveling rhyme.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What?! B=No word to rhyme with "swoop?"! Um.. like...poop?

Hope you get off and flying in the morning!