Friday, December 07, 2007

Snowbound...Sort Of

I have only been a teacher for 2.5 days this week. In case you were wondering, on a normal week I am a teacher for 5 days. This, however, has not been a normal week. Monday night I contracted a case of the dreaded bahoobie disease. (If you don't know what that is, then you don't want to know.) I called in sick Tuesday morning, but I was feeling well enough to go in that afternoon. On Tuesday night I witnessed one of the most exciting finishes to a high school basketball games that I have ever seen. (I hope to post more about that later.) On Wednesday, school was cancelled because we all were snowbound...by about 3 inches of snow--interesting. On Thursday, my basketball team improved to a record of 4 wins and 0 losses. (I am thankful, but don't be misled--we haven't really been tested as a team yet. Hopefully, that will come on Monday.) I also learned that many fast food restaurants will give bus drivers and coaches a free meal! On Friday (today), school was cancelled for a second time because of the snow. Even though I am 27 years old, there is still something special for me about snow days. It can put just about any old Crabby Appleton in a good mood! Eldan has contracted a slight case of the bahoobies, but other than that we are all just enjoying Ohio's version of a winter storm! Two weeks from today, and we will be on our way to New Hampshire for Christmas Vacation! Until then, stay sane...

No comments: