Sunday, March 08, 2009

Sit back and have yourself a Poke

I was thinking the other day.

After I finished doing that, something occurred to me.  In these days of economic turmoil, it is not all that unusual of an occurrence for two big name companies to merge into one.  Take Sirius Satellite Radio and XM Satellite Radio or Northwest Airlines and Delta Airlines as cases in point.  Wouldn't it be unique if they merged the companies' names as well?  You know, like Sirium Satellite Radio or Northwelta Airlines?  With that in mind, I spent the next few minutes (I won't tell how many) coming up with some unusual combinations (You can add your own in the comments section, if you have a good one):

GooHoo (Google and Yahoo, I also like Yoogle)
My Face (MySpace and Facebook)
Poke (Pepsi and Coke)
Tar-Mart (Target and Wal-Mart, I also like Wal-et)
Puggies (Pampers and Huggies, I also like Hampers)
Pickr (Picasa and Flickr, Flicasa just didn't sound right)
Paudi (Porsche and Audi)
TGI Tuesday's (I'm gonna let you guess on that one--could call it Ruby Friday's)
Hotwitz (Hotwire and Orbitz)
Cony (Canon and Sony)

Oh well, maybe one day things will get interesting...

2 comments:

Matt and Emily Sealy said...

a little bored are we? The first thing that came to my mind was Outback and Texas Roadhouse and we can call it Outhouse.
Matt

Laura said...

Outhouse! That is funny!
Andrew, Go back to thinking! :)