Tuesday, June 10, 2008

An Overlooked Blessing

Did you ever make one of those "never" statements?

Like...

"When I am a parent, I will never give my kids a bedtime!"

or...

"I will never work at a place that has a dress code!"

Well, I am glad to report that one of my "never" statements has been shattered irreparably. For several years I had boldly proclaimed, "I will never get a minivan!" Well, guess what? We are the proud owners of a 2000 Ford Windstar--the "Tan Van". In truth, we bought the vehicle in the middle of April, but I have been so busy with the end of school and the move that I had not yet taken the time to mention this blessing to my blogience. (I just coined that term--"blogience". It's blog and audience, in case you didn't catch it!) I must tell you that, in spite of my earlier aversion to the idea, I am very, very glad we have this vehicle. It is something for which we have been praying for over a year. Every time we would take a trip in the old green Cavalier; every time we would feel the pressure in our lower backs from hunching over to put Eldan in his car seat in the old car we would think of how nice it would be to have a bigger vehicle. We had to be pretty picky on our price range, but we found a friend who was willing to sell us this low mileage vehicle for a great price. What's more, I was able to sell the green car to a different friend for an equally great price! All in all, the whole business has turned our rather well. We have already put the van through its paces--it has been from Ohio to Florida and back, and is currently half-way through an Ohio to Colorado round trip. We love travelling in it and it has performed very well. The only glitch was a tire blowout in Kentucky but that was more the fault of the Kentucky Roads Department than anything else! I have included a few shots of the newest member of our family!


No comments: