Sunday, July 22, 2007

Vacation 2007, Part II


It's a Sunday night, and we've have been in Colorado for 9 days. The cool part is that our time in Colorado is not even half over! After all of the unexpected delays in getting here, we decided to extend our trip longer than originally planned. Our first week has been eventful (in a good way) and enjoyable as is evidenced by the pictures below. I was surprised at how hot the weather has been out here. The temperature has been pushing 100 almost everyday so far! I had forgotten how warm Colorado summers can be. Yesterday, we drove into the mountains for a picnic. The cool air was a welcome reprieve. Of course, we had to go to nearly 10,000 feet in elevation to feel it! Other than an occasional shopping or swimming trip at my brother's house (for the swimming that is), our basic itinerary primarily involves sleeping in, reading, watching "Matlock," and playing Scrabble with my parents. (Did you know that the word "qat" is in the dictionary?)

I am excited to report that Eldansdad Family Films has secured its first two clients! I just finished a Scrapbook video for my brother Kip's church, and I am just about finished with a Scrapbook project for another church in Ohio. I almost got my first wedding job, but there was a date conflict. I am hopeful that this business (if you can call it that) will eventually blossom into a regular source of income and work for the summers. Anyway, you have to start somewhere so...I am!


If you are reading this...I hope your summer is and has been an enjoyable one.
If you are not reading this...I hope your summer has been rotten!


In the meantime, the Doans will continue to vacation these lazy summer days away...






No comments: