Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Familiar Territory

Well, here we are again.

Been here...done this.  (But only once.)

Our baby (the gender of which remains unknown at this point, although I can see from the poll to the right that the girl-lovers are winning) is due to be born one week from today.  Whatever.  How can they really know the exact date?  The truth is they can't.

So...it dawned on me toward the end of last week that this birth could happen at any time--it is imminent.  That is what put me into familiar territory.

I find myself looking at Danielle and thinking, "Is she gonna go today?"  When I am in bed at night, I think, "Is tonight the night?"  Every time I get a text message I think it will contain the code words that Danielle and I agreed upon--"Bring the dollar!"  I am getting a little bit anticipatory (a little too anticipatory according to some).  Feel very much like I did in the days preceding Eldan's arrival.

Well, he finally showed up (with a little help from the doctors) and it has been awesome ever since, so...

I guess I can handle a few more days of waiting.

Then again...maybe tonight is the night?  "Bring the dollar!"

I'll let you know when everything comes out okay...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Out of town, but just checking in really quickly to see if there was any news...Can't wait to hear!