Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Shooter

Tonight should be an interesting one for me. I will be making my debut into the world of varsity basketball coaching. Our varsity coach had to leave town unexpectedly yesterday, and he asked me to coach his team in the big rivalry game tonight. I am more than happy to do it for him because I am a loyal friend. (I hope you are reading this, Coach!) I feel a bit like the character "Shooter" in my favorite movie, Hoosiers. You know--the guy who is the town drunk? I feel like him because in the second half of the movie, he gets put in a position where he has to coach the varsity team in a big game. He feels a bit overwhelmed and is a little lacking in confidence. When it comes down to the wire, however, he makes the right decision and they win the game. Let's hope that, when it comes down to the wire tonight, reality will reflect fiction. Actually, let's hope it doesn't come down to the wire at all. Let's hope that our guys build a 45 point lead by the 2nd quarter. If it does come down to the wire, however, I know exactly what I will do. I will look at those 7 players and say, "Boys, we're gonna run the picket fence at 'em! Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!"

2 comments:

QNormal said...

I picture you more of a Paris to Achilles than Shooter to Coach Dale, but that is just me

Anonymous said...

yo waz up with this you talk all about the varsity but nothing of junior high.(you know the Chanpenchip the thing that we have been trying to win the last three years and won at Northside. COME ON!!!